Pullmaster is a premier winch manufacturer that supplies winches to nearly every mechanical industry. Pullmaster makes several versions of their winches, all manufactured in Canada for the parent company TWG, a division of The Dover Company. Go2Hydraulics is proud to be a Pullmaster Dealer.
The PL and M Series Equal Speed Winch / Hoist offers;
- Twelve basic models providing line pull capacities from 1,100 to 80,000 lb.
- Equal Speed planetary winches offer maximum torque in both directions of
rotation and give operators maximum control over the load.
- Used in applications that require precise lifting and lowering and load suspension.
The H Series Rapid Reverse Winch / Hoist offers;
- Pulling capacities from 3,800 to 85,000 lbs.
- Reverse speeds that are 4.5 times faster than forward speeds.
- Used in applications that include lighter loads or swing functions.
- Ideal for a variety of applications including fishing, dredging and marine applications.
The PL and M Freefall Series Winch / Hoist offers;
- Pulling capacities from 2,000 to 50,000 lbs.
- Operators to lift and lower loads at controlled speeds or lower at high velocities.
- Emergency Free Fall enables the full release of a load much like an emergency load release function on a hydraulic crane or driver. Ideal in applications where a load needs to be dropped at a high velocity.
- Controlled Free Fall allows one-third of the winch’s rated line pull capacity to be released in a controlled free fall where the load can be brought to a smooth stop at any point on the way down.
- Combination Emergency and Controlled Free Fall offers both free fall options.
In addition to the above three Series, Pullmaster also makes Recovery (R) Series winches for pulling and recovering heavy equipment and vehicles. Pullmaster offers four winch models specifically designed for heavy-duty recovery operations. The recovery winches offer pulling capacities from 11,021 to 15,492 lbs.
The Pullmaster model code is broken into a combination of several letters and numbers. For example – PL8-3-30-1
- PL tells you the Basic Unit Series, in this case, an Equal Speed Winch.
- 8 is the Size of the Unit, 8,000 pound bare drum line pull.
- 3 is the type of brake (common setups are 3 and 7), both of which are automatic brake, clockwise drum rotation.
- 30 is the size of the hydraulic motor.
- 1 is the drum size (the smallest available drum on the winch frame).
Here is a full explanation of the Pullmaster winch model code.